Coronavirus outbreak: Ontario reports 361 new COVID-19 cases, 56 additional deaths | FULL
Coronavirus: Description video
Watch the video “Coronavirus outbreak: Ontario reports 361 new COVID-19 cases, 56 additional deaths | FULL” and like it!
Ontario’s chief medical officer of health Dr. David Williams said Tuesday he’s not confident the province has met the threshold, in terms of the number of new COVID-19 cases and other metrics, needed to enter stage one of Ontario’s recovery plan despite Premier Doug Ford’s announcement earlier in the day that he would be unveiling details of the plan on Thursday.
Dr. Williams made the statement Tuesday during the province’s daily update on the response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
He said that while the number of COVID-19 cases is decreasing in the province and other metrics are “looking good,” all the indicators needed before entering stage one have not yet come together.
“I think we’re getting closer, but if it was already there I would have already recommended it,” he said.
Ontario reported 361 new cases of COVID-19 on March 12 and 56 additional deaths, bringing the provincial total to 20,907 cases. The death toll has risen to 1,725.
Tuesday’s report marks an increase of 1.8 per cent in total cumulative cases, which is part of a downward trend in the province. There have been 15,391 recoveries.
For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/6933902/doug-ford-announces-plans-stage-1-reopening-ontario-thursday/
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#Coronavirus #Health #COVID19 #Ontario #GlobalNews
Liked the “Coronavirus outbreak: Ontario reports 361 new COVID-19 cases, 56 additional deaths | FULL” video?
Share it with your friends!