Coronavirus: Description video
Watch the video “Coronavirus Pandemic Update 68: Kawasaki Disease; Minority Groups & COVID-19” and like it!
COVID-19 Update 68 with critical care specialist and pulmonologist Roger Seheult, MD of https://www.medcram.com
A Kawasaki disease like syndrome has been reported in growing numbers of children in a variety of communities including New York and parts of Europe. Dr. Seheult reviews what we know about Kawasaki disease and its possible connection to endothelial/vascular damage from COVID-19. A recent CDC report on racial and ethnic differences in the severity of coronavirus infection and possible explanations are also discussed.
Links referenced in this video:
Johns Hopkins - https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
AVD - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595783/
Circulation - https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/01.CIR.0000129087.81352.7A
CBS News - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kawasaki-disease-children-hospitalized-new-york-city-coronavirus-link/
Some previous videos from this series (visit MedCram.com for the full series):
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 67: COVID-19 Blood Clots - Race, Blood Types, & Von Willebrand Factor https://youtu.be/JOlVkES_kC8
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 66: ACE-Inhibitors and ARBs - Hypertension Medications with COVID-19 https://youtu.be/OudhmwulJHY
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 65: COVID-19 and Oxidative Stress (Prevention & Risk Factors) https://youtu.be/gzx8LH4Fjic
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 64: Remdesivir COVID-19 Treatment Update https://youtu.be/Z2hfGcTokiY
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)? https://youtu.be/Aj2vB_VITXQ
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)? https://youtu.be/DtPwfihjyrY
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress https://youtu.be/22Bn8jsGI54
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19? https://youtu.be/fn2yk5SbGiw
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 59: Dr. Seheult's Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC) https://youtu.be/NM2A2xNLWR4
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID-19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion) https://youtu.be/nO4xgcIaPeA
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can Far-UVC Disinfect Public Spaces? https://youtu.be/2U4DAQ3kjRs
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 56: What is “Forest Bathing” & Can It Boost Immunity Against Viruses? https://youtu.be/PgDjVEpEOdQ
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 55: How COVID-19 Infection Attacks The Immune System & Differs From HIV: https://youtu.be/8NffZAGELGg
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 54: COVID-19 Antibody vs. PCR Testing; When to Relax Social Distancing?: https://youtu.be/kgzFAdYwYLM
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 53: Anticoagulation; Can Mechanical Ventilation Make COVID 19 Worse?: https://youtu.be/o8aG63yigjA
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 52: Ivermectin Treatment; Does COVID-19 Attack Hemoglobin?: https://youtu.be/qc6VV7ue4cE
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 51: State by State Projections; Ultrasound to Diagnose COVID19 Pneumonia: https://youtu.be/E7MufS6dnJw
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 50: Dip in Daily New Deaths; Research on Natural Killer Cells & COVID-19: https://youtu.be/fya6Zwxch88
- How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment: https://youtu.be/okg7uq_HrhQ
Many other videos on COVID-19 (coronavirus outbreak, corona virus symptoms, influenza, Kawasaki disease, coronavirus epidemic, coronavirus updates,) and other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, strokes, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypercoagulation, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at MedCam.com
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
MedCram provides videos to a variety of medical schools, education programs, and institutions (please contact us at [email protected] if you are interested)
Media Contact: [email protected]
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #Coronavirus
Liked the “Coronavirus Pandemic Update 68: Kawasaki Disease; Minority Groups & COVID-19” video?
Share it with your friends!