Coronavirus: Description video
Watch the video “Coronavirus Pandemic Update 78: Mask Controversy; Vaccine Update for COVID-19” and like it!
COVID-19 Update 78 with Roger Seheult, MD of https://www.medcram.com
The CDC and WHO have conflicting recommendations on some aspects of the use of face coverings and masks, and Dr. Seheult reviews a NEJM article showing respiratory droplet spread with and without a mask. There are many COVID-19 vaccine trials in the works and "RAPS" appears to be a nice website to track vaccine progress.
(This video was recorded on Jun 1, 2020)
Links referenced in this video:
Johns Hopkins Tracker - https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
CDC - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html
WHO - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks
NEJM - https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800
RAPS - https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-vaccine-tracker
Clinical Trial Phases Definitions: https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/
Some previous videos from this series (visit MedCram.com for the full series):
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 77: Remdesivir Update; COVID-19 in Mexico https://youtu.be/LXtY_3A0WN8
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 76: Antibody Testing False Positives in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/NSRK41UbTEU
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 75: COVID-19 Lung Autopsies - New Data https://youtu.be/PlUFibXtDxQ
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 74: Vitamin D & COVID 19; Academic Censorship https://youtu.be/-zK8LgVx2G8
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 73: Relapse, Reinfections, & Re-Positives - The Likely Explanation https://youtu.be/01Rftnxbi6w
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 72: Dentists; Diabetes; Sensitivity of COVID-19 Antibody Tests: https://youtu.be/UANgon3Umns
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 71: New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine +
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 70: Glutathione Deficiency, Oxidative Stress, and COVID 19 https://youtu.be/OtL0B1bqXak
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 69: "NAC" Supplementation and COVID-19 (N-Acetylcysteine) https://youtu.be/Dr_6w-WPr0w
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 68: Kawasaki Disease; Minority Groups & COVID-19: https://youtu.be/Ja-jhcXMGj0
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 67: COVID-19 Blood Clots - Race, Blood Types, & Von Willebrand Factor https://youtu.be/JOlVkES_kC8
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 66: ACE-Inhibitors and ARBs - Hypertension Medications with COVID-19 https://youtu.be/OudhmwulJHY
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 65: COVID-19 and Oxidative Stress (Prevention & Risk Factors) https://youtu.be/gzx8LH4Fjic
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 64: Remdesivir COVID-19 Treatment Update https://youtu.be/Z2hfGcTokiY
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)? https://youtu.be/Aj2vB_VITXQ
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)? https://youtu.be/DtPwfihjyrY
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress https://youtu.be/22Bn8jsGI54
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19? https://youtu.be/fn2yk5SbGiw
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 59: Dr. Seheult's Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC) https://youtu.be/NM2A2xNLWR4
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID 19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion) https://youtu.be/nO4xgcIaPeA
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can Far-UVC Disinfect Public Spaces? https://youtu.be/2U4DAQ3kjRs
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including a discussion of that data for coronavirus outbreak in the UK and Brazil, coronavirus NYC, COVID 19 testing and infections, and other coronavirus news) and we offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, strokes, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypercoagulation, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.).
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
MedCram provides videos to a variety of medical schools, education programs, and institutions (please contact us at [email protected] if you are interested)
Media Contact: [email protected]
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed
Liked the “Coronavirus Pandemic Update 78: Mask Controversy; Vaccine Update for COVID-19” video?
Share it with your friends!