Coronavirus Pandemic Update 99: "Long Haulers" - Lingering and Long-Term Symptoms After COVID-19
Coronavirus: Description video
Watch the video “Coronavirus Pandemic Update 99: "Long Haulers" - Lingering and Long-Term Symptoms After COVID-19” and like it!
A significant number of patients who've had COVID-19 report lingering and persistent symptoms 2 months or longer after their initial diagnosis. Dr. Seheult of https://www.medcram.com discusses the data we have on COVID-19 "long haulers" including a recent study published in JAMA that showed that only 12.6% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 reported being back to their baseline at about 60 days post-infection. (This video was recorded July 23, 2020).
LINKS / REFERENCES:
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
JAMA | https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2768351
TWiV 642 | https://youtu.be/wyLXZmbkZl8
TWiV 635 | https://youtu.be/omd29lXspuk
ERJ | https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/erj/early/2020/05/07/13993003.01217-2020.full.pdf
European Heart Journal | https://academic.oup.com/ehjcimaging/article/doi/10.1093/ehjci/jeaa178/5859292
ERJ on NAC | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9230243
Healthline | https://www.healthline.com/health/spirometry
COVID-19 Support Group | https://www.wearebodypolitic.com/covid19
Facebook COVID-19 Support Group | https://www.facebook.com/groups/COVID19survivorcorps
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 98: At Home COVID-19 Testing - A Possible Breakthrough https://youtu.be/h7Sv_pS8MgQ
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 97: Vitamin D & COVID-19 Immunity, The Endothelium, & Deficiencies https://youtu.be/Mdc7T2UTHBI
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 96: RNA Vaccine; Ivermectin; von Willebrand Factor and COVID-19 https://youtu.be/kk7KNBak-i0
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 95: Widespread Clotting on Autopsy; New COVID-19 Prognostic Data https://youtu.be/bPDVzt79UMU
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 94: Inhaled Steroids COVID-19 Treatment; New Pneumonia in Kazakhstan? https://youtu.be/BG5pEDKbQv0
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 93: Antibodies, Immunity, & Prevalence of COVID-19 - New Data from Spain https://youtu.be/KRCnj3c_x7U
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 92: Blood Clots & COVID-19 - New Research & Potential Role of NAC https://youtu.be/kK-DNyKnb5c
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 91: Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability https://youtu.be/XIEmvEQzAf4
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 90: Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Research Tool https://youtu.be/u9fFfO5AgQE
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 89: COVID 19 Infections Rising in Many States; Dexamethasone Cautions https://youtu.be/VMTQ6qNXVlw
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 88: Dexamethasone History & Mortality Benefit Data Released From UK https://youtu.be/phN0enMN_RE
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, vaccine developments, dexamethasone, Rapid COVID-19 Testing, paper covid 19 tests, vitamin D, SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests, coronavirus misinformation, infodemic, peer-reviewed research, and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at [email protected] if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: [email protected]
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
Video Produced by Kyle Allred
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed
Liked the “Coronavirus Pandemic Update 99: "Long Haulers" - Lingering and Long-Term Symptoms After COVID-19” video?
Share it with your friends!