COVID 19 Update Update 106: Comorbidities and Excess Deaths; Bradykinin and Coronavirus
Coronavirus: Description video
Watch the video “COVID 19 Update Update 106: Comorbidities and Excess Deaths; Bradykinin and Coronavirus” and like it!
Excess deaths are deaths above what is historically expected during a period of time. Dr. Seheult of https://www.medcram.com explains how excess deaths are a key tool in understanding the impact of an epidemic - whether it is caused by influenza, COVID 19, or another virus - and helps dispel ideas of inaccurate death certificates by going through the steps of filling a death certificate out.
An interesting hypothesis has emerged (that was initially formulated on a supercomputer) about the possible role of bradykinin in COVID-19 morbidity and mortality. The researchers surmise that bradykinin storm may have a greater impact than a cytokine storm as others have suggested (This video was recorded September 3, 2020).
LINKS / REFERENCES:
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
CDC | https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities
CDC Graph | https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm#dashboard
State of Hawaii | https://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/guidance-for-certifying-covid-19-deaths/
Johns Hopkins Hub | https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/09/01/comorbidities-and-coronavirus-deaths-cdc/
Our World in Data | https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/excess-mortality-raw-death-count
BioSpace | https://www.biospace.com/article/-oak-ridge-researchers-use-supercomputer-on-covid-19/
eLife | https://elifesciences.org/articles/59177
Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7456194/pdf/main.pdf
Washington Post | https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2020/05/02/excess-deaths-during-covid-19/
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 105: FDA Authorized Treatments; COVID 19 Vaccine Update https://youtu.be/01MRRop7OPs
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 104: COVID 19 Reinfection & Immunity https://youtu.be/J9BOs_dR_bI
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 103: Convalescent Plasma Treatment & the FDA; College Campuses Close https://youtu.be/pvmtT_XV4aw
- At Home, Cheap, COVID-19 Tests with Results in 15 Minutes: How to Fix Testing with Dr. Michael Mina https://youtu.be/cP-MHKU_cQE
-Coronavirus Pandemic Update 102: COVID 19 vs. Influenza Symptoms; Sweden; Tocilizumab; Hawaii https://youtu.be/bQrooawwhLI
- COVID-19 Pandemic Update 101: T Cell Immunity vs. Antibodies & Prior Exposure to Other Coronaviruses https://youtu.be/i536vS3z3e8
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 100: Interferon Beta COVID-19 Treatment, and a Retrospective https://youtu.be/W1dA9VhL60A
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 99: "Long Haulers" - Lingering & Long-Term Symptoms After COVID-19 https://youtu.be/tFXr14xmuGw
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 98: At Home COVID-19 Testing - A Possible Breakthrough https://youtu.be/h7Sv_pS8MgQ
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 97: Vitamin D & COVID-19 Immunity, The Endothelium, & Deficiencies https://youtu.be/Mdc7T2UTHBI
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 96: RNA Vaccine; Ivermectin; von Willebrand Factor and COVID-19 https://youtu.be/kk7KNBak-i0
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 95: Widespread Clotting on Autopsy; New COVID-19 Prognostic Data https://youtu.be/bPDVzt79UMU
- Coronavirus Pandemic Update 94: Inhaled Steroids COVID-19 Treatment; New Pneumonia in Kazakhstan? https://youtu.be/BG5pEDKbQv0
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including COVID 19 diagnosis, prevention, treatment, vaccine covid 19, remdesivir, dexamethasone, coronavirus vaccine developments, comorbidities and excess deaths, bradykinin hypothesis and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, DKA, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) on our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at [email protected] if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: [email protected]
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
Video Produced by Kyle Allred
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #MedCram
Liked the “COVID 19 Update Update 106: Comorbidities and Excess Deaths; Bradykinin and Coronavirus” video?
Share it with your friends!